Re: Question about citation processors [wip-cite branch]

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Question about citation processors [wip-cite branch]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 16:09:52 +0200

Hello,

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> writes:

> The docstring talks about a "citation object", and the "citation or citation
> reference object at point". Do I assume correctly that these are structures as
> returned by =org-element-parse-buffer=?

That's correct. The citation contains the global prefix and suffix, each
reference contains the local prefix and suffix, and the citation key.

You can then use functions like `org-cite-get-references' and
`org-cite-key-boundaries' on them, in addition to usual
`org-element-property'.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou