Re: Bug: org-babel-tangle: persmission denied when tangling [9.4.5 (9.4.

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: Bug: org-babel-tangle: persmission denied when tangling [9.4.5 (9.4.5-gbc2659 @ /home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 23:15:10 -0400

Sébastien Miquel <sebastien.miquel@posteo.eu> writes:

Hi Bastien,

Bastien writes:
I tried to apply this (transitory?) patch against maint and it did not apply. It applies okay on master. For bug fixes, please make patches
againt the maint branch.
This fixes a bug introduced by a commit in master. I've attached the same patch here, properly formated. I think it should be applied to master.

It reverts a part of a2cb9b853: permissions are no longer set before writing
to the tangled file.

I've CC'd Tom, which made the original suggestion. I guess we could set the write and execute permissions before writing, and set the read permissions
afterwards.

Another related bug to the changes:

I have the :tangle header-arg set to evaluate some elisp to return the file name:

org-babel no longer interprets this elisp. It is being used literally as the file name:
e.g.

Wrote /home/n/.emacs.d/(concat (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-file-name)) ".el")