Re: Checkboxes in headings - opinions wanted

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Checkboxes in headings - opinions wanted
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 12:47:25 +0200

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>> ... Example can be seen in attached screenshot from
>> my init file where I use org headings to form a list of packages to
>> install, and checkboxes to indicate if a package configuration is used
>> or not.
>
> Depending on details of your workflow, you might also use
> org-toggle-comment for indication of configuration usage. As a bonus, if
Actually I am thinking of re-purposing TODO for "pin to repository"
purpose, so that is why I needed a more general checkbox independent of
TODO states. I am using planning on using tags for some other stuff.

> you use literate config, commenting the heading will also disable
> tangling for that heading.

I don't use tangling
from org-mode, I tangle all code myself. I have written a small
optimizer so I am generating actual init file from the literal config,
it is a small application in org-mode. You can see hacked TODO (per
file) in "Generator" section below the ";; og hacks" comment of
init.org, if you are interested.

https://github.com/amno1/.emacs.d