Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?

From: Bastien
Subject: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 17:13:09 +0200

Hi all,

Less code is less bug and less maintainance.  So I'm considering
moving these files to the new (unmaintained) org-contrib repo at
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib:

- ob-abc.el --- Org Babel Functions for ABC
- ob-asymptote.el --- Babel Functions for Asymptote
- ob-coq.el --- Babel Functions for Coq
- ob-ditaa.el --- Babel Functions for ditaa
- ob-ebnf.el --- Babel Functions for EBNF
- ob-hledger.el --- Babel Functions for hledger
- ob-J.el --- Babel Functions for J
- ob-ledger.el --- Babel Functions for Ledger
- ob-lilypond.el --- Babel Functions for Lilypond
- ob-mscgen.el --- Babel Functions for Mscgen
- ob-picolisp.el --- Babel Functions for Picolisp
- ob-vala.el --- Babel functions for Vala evaluation

I suggest a criterium for keeping ob*.el files in Org could be that
the extension is known by Emacs _or_ that the supported language is
well-established.

Since I can obviously not decide alone about "well-established", would
you mind giving your advice on whether the files above can be moved to
org-contrib?  (Of course we would advertize this carefully.  And also,
there is absolutely nothing personal about perhaps moving *your* file
out of Emacs, it's just that maintainance will be easier outside.)

Are there any other?

I'll leave this thread open during this week, no need to rush here.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien