How to create a macro that inserts multiline text with :B_ignoreheading:

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: How to create a macro that inserts multiline text with :B_ignoreheading: tag?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:19:13 -0700

I’m using org mode to create Beamer presentations, also using beamerarticle so I can create an article version of my slides with extra text. This article by James Harkins was very helpful in getting started:

https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/beamer-dual-format.html

One issue, noted in the article, is that text you want to have appear in article mode but not in a slide needs to be outside the frame environment, which means you need to tell org to end one slide without starting another. This can be achieved by inserting a header like this into the org file before the article text:

*** More explanation coming                                 :B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :END:

I’d like to define a macro called, say, articletext, to insert this header into my document before exporting to LaTeX, so the org file would look something like this:

{{{article text}}}
This text appears only in the article version.

However, I can’t find any way to actually define this macro and get it to work as I want. From my experiments so far, it seems that including :B_ignoreheading: in the macro definition causes problems, but I’m not 100% sure. Anyway, I’d be very grateful if anyone can see an obvious way to get this to happen.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Richard Stanton