Re: W3C violations in Org's HTML export

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: W3C violations in Org's HTML export
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 16:57:41 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> ** Suggestion
>>    Make the subtitle an independent element, is can still be a
>>    p.subtitle, just not /inside/ the h2 title
>
> Agreed, can you provide a patch for this?

I'll add that to my todo list.

>> ** Suggestion
>>    Remove the ' type="text/javascript"' part of that.
>
> Done.

Nice.

>> [SVGs]
> Can you confirm the two issues above are already fixed?

As of d96e897579 I'm not seeing any more W3C complaints :)

>> * Error: Duplicate ID org0424ed6.
>>   Clearly, this can happen. I'm not sure how.
>>   I'd like to draw attention to this email I sent a while ago
>>   (excuse
>>   the mangled start)
>>   https://orgmode.org/list/E1jxAjq-0004Dk-LH@lists.gnu.org/
>
> I cannot reproduce this.

This may have been a low-chance once off / short-lived strange bug.
If nobody else has seen this happen, I'd be inclined to dismiss this.

>> * Error: Character reference expands to a control character
>>   (U+0002).
>>
>>   I suspect this may be htmlize, but I'm not sure, and it's
>>   Org-related,
>>   so I'll include it.
>
> I don't observe this, a reproducible recipe is welcome.

I'll come back to this if I can find out more.

>> * (not an error) Difficulty in 'wrapping' sections
>>   It's quite reasonable (IMO) to want to wrap a (sub*)section in a
>>   certain element, such as a link. Indeed I've wanted to do this
>>   to create clickable 'cards' on the homepage of my org website
>>   revamp. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any property like
>>   :HTML_WRAP: etc. that can be applied, forcing me to try this:
>>   [...]
>
> Please open a separate proposal for this.

Will do once I've thought a bit about what would be a good
interface/implementation for this.

> Once all issues listed here are handles, please close the call for
> help with "X-Woof-Help: close" as a header.

Will do 👍

Thanks for reminding me about this,

Timothy.