Re: Turning off all indentation in 9.4.4

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Turning off all indentation in 9.4.4
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 18:30:46 -0400

On 2021-04-28 00:09, Bastien wrote:
TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:

So, my reading of this new(?) headline-data setting, was that it seemed to be exactly what I had been looking for! But perhaps I misunderstood?

So core idea behind (setq org-adapt-indentation 'headline-data) is to
let people end up with:

* TODO item
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: item
  :END:
  :LOGBOOK:
  :END:

A paragraph here.

Let me know if if does not what you want, including what you expect
from hitting RET after the headline, with the various combinations of
org-adapt-indentation and electric-indent-mode.

Thank you for the follow-up, Bastien.

I haven't touched this in a while, but I do believe it does as I had
always wanted (mainly leaving the body alone at column 0 as I
in/out-dent the heading (and its associated data)) which sounds like
the intention.

The one issue I recall experiencing (breaking indentation of logbook
entries) you seem to have addressed in another reply in this thread,
where I will reply with more specifics.

Cheers,
TRS-80