Blog announcement: This Month in Org

From: Timothy
Subject: Blog announcement: This Month in Org
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:14:49 +0800

Hello Everyone!

For a while now I thought Org would be well served by another channel to
show off developments. Something in between the torrent of threads on
this mailing list and serendipitous discoveries.

I have finally acted on this thought and created /This Month in Org/ ---
https://blog.tecosaur.com/tmio/. Inspired by This Week in KDE I plan on
producing monthly development highlights.

Perhaps you'll find it interesting too, or maybe you know a friend that
would like a way to find out about Org developments without subscribing
to the ML.

If you have any feedback please don't hesitate to send me your thoughts 🙂.

~~~~~

Now, since this is the Org ML I'll go into a little more detail about
what's going on.

The source is publically availably at
https://github.com/tecosaur/this-month-in-org/.

I have a publish.el script which has been rendered executable that is
ostensibly a shell script but immediately calls emacs on itself then
exits (credit to Doom/Emacs Wiki).

This script loads my personal configuration and then prepares for
ox-publish. It also takes a -f flag to delete the publish dir and the
force-publish.

I do a few fun things like fix org-latex-publish-to-pdf so it doesn't
pollute the src directory, write a version of org-publish-attachment
which attempts to optimise recognised filetypes, and some setup to
generate a sitemap that can be converted into an RSS file with ox-rss.

Some of the functions which produce stdout via (message) have been
advised to make the output easier to scan (see https://0x0.st/-mvq.png).

After all this, I just rsync the output directory to my server :)

--
Timothy