Re: stability of toc links

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: stability of toc links
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 10:32:18 +0200

Hello,

> i was referring to:
>
>   Message ID  <87v9dbelky.fsf@gmail.com>
>
> in this thread.
>
> [and other posts in this thread related to it.]

Unfortunately, I won't have time to look at the whole thread anytime
soon. However, feel free to explain how "tec's fix" works, or point me
to the exact post where it is explained so I can understand it.

> the problem as i see it is link stability in generated output.

The links are stable if you publish a document. Note that you can even
"publish" a single document.

For exported (i.e., one off documents), this is not so an issue (IMO)
since you have custom ID. I assume this was evoked in the thread.

Link stability is also tied to publishing process because it needs
a cache. And I lazily re-used the cache already implemented there.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou