On the protection of emails in the archives

From: Guillaume MULLER
Subject: On the protection of emails in the archives
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 10:29:00 +0200

Hi all,

I recently sent an email on this mailing list (see
https://orgmode.org/list/b1e778c5-acbf-8a17-c9bf-dcb6693e9845@univ-st-etienne.fr/
 )

Since then, I'm receiving spams on the email address I used to send the message.

After some research, it seems that this email address only appears on 2
websites, notably this orgmode.org mailing list archive.

Would it be possible to configure the archive to obfuscate / hide the email
addresses inorder to protect its users?

According to what I understand, this list uses the "GNU mailman" software,
which in turn uses "Pipermail" for the archive. From what I read in the docs
(https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node40.html ), the default
configuration should be that the email addresses are protected : "The HTML
archives which are created by Pipermail (the archiving program which comes
default with Mailman) contain only obscured addresses.". So is there a
particular reason why this option has been disabled?

Thanks for your feedback

GM