Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 12:03:14 +0200

On Sat, Apr 03 2021, Tom Gillespie wrote:
> Is there any reason why folks couldn't just customize
> org-emphasis-alist using a file local variable? Just add ("`" org-code
> verbatim) and see what happens. Knowing a bit about the codebase this
> will probably lead to trouble during export because the backends are
> likely unaware,

Yes, I tried this at one time because /.../ is used in linguistics to denote
phonological representations. So I removed the entry for `/` in
`org-emphasis-alist` and replaced it with something else. It worked up until the
point where you start exporting.

If all exporters worked off an internal representation such as what is
returned by `org-element-parse-buffer`, it should be easier to modify the
front-end syntax.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments