Re: First steps exporting to tex

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: First steps exporting to tex
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:43:00 +0200

Hi Ypo,

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> After reading your interesting advices, I've decided to start my path
> through LaTeX. I have been some hours trying to start, with little
> result, but I hope that once established a *workflow* the results will
> come and the new invested time will be directed just to get better and
> better results.
>
> My doubts:
>
>    a. As first step for my workflow, it seems convenient to use a
>    "template" with the LaTeX preambles. So maybe the many existing
>    LaTeX templates can be used quickly with orgmode. I found several
>    options and opinions. Which one is the best way?
>

>     1.   #+SETUPFILE: template.setup -> doesn't seem the ideal way,
>        because the template.setup file must be modified adding
>        #+latex_class to each of the lines.
>     2.   template.tex -> this could be added to the SETUPFILE:
>        #+LATEX_HEADER: \input{template.tex}. But it seems to have no

I use
#+LATEX_HEADER: \input{ews30setup} % pointing to ews30setup.tex

in the org-file, I export, not a setupfile.

Alternatively you can use #+INCLUDE: template.org
to grab more than just the org-setup.

For an example, see
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/software/wisp.org?rev=31bb4a1fb49c#L1

#+INCLUDE: ../org-templates/level-1.org

This pulls the actual content of the file:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/org-templates/level-1.org?rev=31bb4a1fb49c

There is also a setupfile at the bottom:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/software/wisp.org?rev=31bb4a1fb49c#L1632

#+setupfile: ../org-templates/level-1-software.org

This only pulls the changed org-mode settings:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/org-templates/level-1-software.org?rev=31bb4a1fb49c

#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: <style type="text/css">.tab-software {background-color:
#fffbf8 !important; opacity: 1.0; box-shadow: 0px -5px 7px -2px gray;}</style>
#+HTML_LINK_UP: ../software.html

>     3. Another friend told me that .sty templates were the best way.

I don’t yet have sufficient hold of that. To date I’m using the
memoir-class to get the styling I need — where I use styling (that’s not
the draketo site, but the ews document).

>     5. Also we can see this intricate transformation of a LaTeX
>        template into orgmode. How to Migrate LaTeX Template into
>        org-mode
>
> <https://github.com/Literate-DevOps/literate-programming-tutorials/blob/master/how-to/00-convert-latex-template-into-org-mode-template/how-to-migrate-latex-template-into-org-mode.org#how-to-migrate-latex-template-into-org-mode>
>     6. ...
>

>    b. I think that in a good integration, every character shown on
>    orgmode should be exported into the PDF output. For example "CENTRE
>    LINE SYMBOL": ℄
>         How can this integration be done?

Have a look at \DeclareUnicodeCharacter:
https://www.draketo.de/light/english/emacs/char-not-setup-latex

#+latex_header: \usepackage{uniinput}

See

https://git.neo-layout.org/neo/neo-layout/src/commit/705fac448a0d0562e4e1bc16bf0b6cadbe235771/latex/Standard-LaTeX/uniinput.ins