Re: Including Email Address in the Reply in Mailing-list

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 01:45:02 +0200

Tim Cross writes:

> I have no issue with this suggestion and am happy to try and comply.
>
> The challenge for many will be that they either
>
> - need to remember to remove the email details manually (line/header
> automatically added by mail client) while sorting out either
>
> - how to modify mail client for all replies (may not be appropriate for
> non-ML replies), or
>
> - how to modify mail client for just ML replies

> [...]

For Gnus users, one possibility might be:

(defun my-gnus-reply-ml ()
    (interactive)
    (let*
        ((message-citation-line-format "%N writes:\n")
         (message-citation-line-function
'message-insert-formatted-citation-line))
      (gnus-article-reply-with-original)))

 ...And then assign any free key to gnus-article-mode-map

Best regards,

Juan Manuel