org-plot/gnuplot: question and feature suggestions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: org-plot/gnuplot: question and feature suggestions
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 11:58:31 +0000

Hello all,

I normally use gnuplot directly with src blocks but sometimes it's
useful to use the #+PLOT for some quick and dirty plots.  I have one
problem: I wish to set the format for axes labels to %T.  Normally, in
gnuplot, this would be simply a line

  format "%T"

In a #+PLOT line, I would set this using

  #+PLOT: ... set:"format \"%T\""

or some similar way but I cannot figure out how to do it.

I also have two feature requests should anybody be able to help:

1. it would be consistent and useful if "C-c C-c" executed
   org-plot/gnuplot when on such a #+PLOT line.

2. why does point move to the next line when I do execute the command?
   This is somewhat annoying when playing around with the settings.  It
   would be nice to have point remain where it is.

Thank you all!

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-254-g37749c