Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org files: Do not use overlays for PROPERTY and LOGBOOK drawers
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:09:58 +0800

Hello,

This is another update about the status of the patch.

I am mostly happy with the current state of the code, got rid of most of
the bugs, and did not get any new bug reports in github for a while.

I would like to start the process of applying the patch on master.
As a first step, I would like to submit the core folding library
(org-fold-core) for review.

org-fold-core is pretty much independent from org-mode code base and
does not affect anything if applied as is. It will be used by
org-specific org-fold.el I will finalise and send later.

For now, I would like to hear any suggestions about API and
implementation of org-fold-core.el. I tried to document all the details
in the code.

Looking forward for the feedback.

Best,
Ihor