org-capture: question about function to create template

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: org-capture: question about function to create template
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:42:29 +0100

Hi list,

I've been looking at the =org-capture= mechanism a bit more closely recently and
noticed that in =org-capture-templates=, the template can also be a function.
This looks like a potentially useful feature, but I was wondering if there's any
way for this function to access the state of the ongoing capture process.
Specifically, it would be useful for me if the function can find out the key of
the template that the user selected.

Of course I could have a different function for each template that I want to
create dynamically, or use a lambda that calls my function with an appropriate
argument, but that wouldn't be as useful to me.

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers