Re: Using lexical-binding

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Using lexical-binding
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 00:41:44 -0500

Stefan Monnier writes:

> Since I'm not using it, I can't really test the result in any meaningful
> way.  Furthermore, just like `calendar.el`, it relies on dynamic scoping
> and `eval` in all kinds of ways, so it's very difficult to be sure the
> result is "sufficiently similar" to the old behavior not to break some
> funky use somewhere out there.

I probably don't use many fancy agenda features, but I do work regularly
from it.  Running with these changes throughout today, I didn't notice
any issues.  Within the next few days, I'll try to test some non-default
settings and more obscure features that I don't use as part of my normal
workflow, and see if I can find any problems.

I'll also push the current changes to scratch/sm/agenda-lexical with the
hope that others will test and report back.