Re: 'false' list item

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: 'false' list item
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 01:56:14 -0500

Juan Manuel Macías writes:

> If a line in a paragraph starts with a digit (or letter) + period +
> space, Org misinterprets that as a list item. I almost always notice
> this only when I export my document, which is a nuisance.
>
> I wonder if there is any standard solution to that, or if I'm missing
> something... All that occurred to me is this "preventive" solution,
> using `highlight-regexp':

It seems that your approach would do a good job of helping you catch
cases that you don't want to be treated as lists.  I'm not aware of any
related functionality in Org, so I don't think you're missing something
there.

Once you know that there is a particular spot that you want to prevent
from being interpreted as a list, you could add a zero-width space in
front of it:

    (info "(org)Escape Character")

I'm not sure if that's the sort of solution you're asking for, though.