Babel: Programmatically evaluate a heading and subtrees?

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Babel: Programmatically evaluate a heading and subtrees?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:10:58 -0600

Hello all,

I have some code like this:

* Heading 1

# code block name:FOO

** Subheading 1

# code block

** Subheading 2

# code block

I find that I often want to evaluate the code in Heading 1 and its subheadings.

Currently, I navigate to Heading 1 and then use org-babel-execute-subtree

I see that there's a function called org-babel-goto-named-src-block, so I think
I could write a small function to jump to FOO in Heading 1 and then run execute subtree
and then jump back to my previous location in Emacs.

Is there a more programmatic or built-in way?  For example:
org-babel-execute-block-and-subheadings FOO

Thanks,
--Nate