Re: org-agenda for a day different than today

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: org-agenda for a day different than today
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 00:32:14 -0500

Alan Schmitt writes:

> On 2021-02-16 23:01, Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

[...]
>> Here are two threads from around that time that may be related, though I
>> haven't reviewed either of them:
>>
>>  https://orgmode.org/list/BLU0-SMTP912FC379760EE431D3D68EBBBC0@phx.gbl/T/#u
>>  https://orgmode.org/list/BLU0-SMTP950E9387B34FA390C4FD9CBBBD0@phx.gbl/T/#u
>>
>> Moving org-read-date back to the interactive form would allow lisp
>> callers to pass in the date, though perhaps it'd bring back some
>> misbehavior discussed in the above threads.
>
> I’ve tried this change here and it works great, thanks a lot.

Thanks for testing.

> Looking at the code, I don’t see how it could cause trouble elsewhere
> (but understanding agenda code is always tricky…)

Yeah, I too think it's safe.  If you have the time, I'd appreciate if
you could skim through the above threads and see if there are any
minimal examples or test cases.  If so, it be good to verify that they
still work with the patch.

> Should I file a bug regarding this?

Just this thread is fine.  I should find time to put together a proper
patch in the next couple of days.