refreshing files for agenda building

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: refreshing files for agenda building
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 09:43:41 +0100

Hello,

I have some files that are changed on disk by an external process, and
it seems that calling org-agenda does not see the changes until I visit
the file in emacs. The buffers are loaded and they are auto-reverted,
but for some reason (some cache somewhere?) their contents are not
up-to-date with what is produced by org-agenda.

Is there a command to refresh such files? Should I programatically visit
them? (And if so, do you have a suggestion as to which command I should
use, I could not find one?)

Thanks,

Alan