Re: Microsoft Excel getting features we have had for a long time in org

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Microsoft Excel getting features we have had for a long time in org :-)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:38:00 +0100

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 06:17:50PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Friday, 29 Jan 2021 at 13:36, gyro funch wrote:
> > Oooh. That should make Excel spreadsheets even funner to audit.
>
> :-)
>
> I actually tell (warn?) my students that spreadsheets are an example of
> a "write-only programming language", the other being APL (for those with
> long memories).

At least you can keep your APL programs in an VCS and the diffs might
make sense. Try that with excel.

(Actually, over here, excel is a plague, at least in public administration:
lots of "knowledge" is buried in inscrutable excel macros nobody dares to
touch after a while. This might explain why such sites are crippled for
weeks after a ransomware attack).

Cheers
 - t