Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 12:41:52 +0100

> I think you misunderstood how org-attach-git works.
>
> org-attach-git is:
>
> ;; An extension to org-attach.  If `org-attach-id-dir' is initialized
> ;; as a Git repository, then org-attach-git will automatically commit
> ;; changes when it sees them.  Requires git-annex.
>
> So, it is not designed to work when your actual attachment directory is
> a git repo, but rather when org-attach-id-dir is a git repo (initialised
> manually).

Thanks for the explanation: it is clear that I had misinterpreted
`org-attach-id-dir'. Now it makes sense that it didn't work for me.
Anyway, I think the manual at that point is somewhat ambiguous and it
should be more precise, IMHO.

> So, I believe that org-attach-git should be updated. Probably,
> handling attachment dirs as individual git repos can be one of the
> ways to upgrade the current version.

I agree, I think this possibility makes a lot more sense.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel