Free up C-c SPC/org-table-blank-field?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Free up C-c SPC/org-table-blank-field?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:05:43 -0800

Hi all,

The C-c SPC keybinding is pretty prime property (it's also, according to
Emacs conventions, meant to be reserved for the user, though I know
that's already out the window with Org), and it's currently bound to
`org-table-blank-field', which is useless unless you... happen to be in
a table. I don't use tables often (or blank fields when I do), which
means this binding is effectively just removed.

What do people think about making it a no-op when not on a table
(letting it fall through to the global map), or putting it in a keymap
text property on tables, or otherwise not hogging the binding?

Thanks,
Eric