Re: Region-based meta-notes

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Region-based meta-notes
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 12:04:12 +0800

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> So yes, simply being able to select regions and make side notes about them
> could give you a very fine level of control over metadata in a file. Is
> there such a thing in the Emacs/org-mode world?

I use inlinetasks for this. You can add notes to inlinetask just as you
add notes to a normal headline. Also, inlinetasks can be created around
active region:

Signature
(org-inlinetask-insert-task &optional NO-STATE)

Documentation
Insert an inline task.

If prefix arg NO-STATE is set, ignore org-inlinetask-default-state.
If there is a region wrap it inside the inline task.

Key Bindings
org-mode-map C-c C-x t

Best,
Ihor