Re: Bug: org.el has wrong (or none) version [fatal: No names found, cann

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: Bug: org.el has wrong (or none) version [fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything. (fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything. @ /Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/org-agenda/)]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 13:51:56 -0500

I don't know anything about straight, but this sounds like what you'd get if you try to generate org-version.el in an Org repo without tags.

This is the correct assessment.
Straight has a user option, `straight-vc-git-default-clone-depth', which may be customized to perform shallow clones of N commits. I've ammended the default Org recipe to ensure a full clone is performed. I've contacted Niels on his github to illustrate how this can be done on a per-recipe basis as well via the `:depth` keyword.

Thank you,

Nick Vollmer