Re: accounting

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: accounting
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 16:35:06 +0100

> On Monday,  4 Jan 2021 at 21:01, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Yes.

> Sorry I was brief: I cut and pasted something from one of my files while
> in a rush!

> Basically, you could do:

> #+begin_src ledger :cmdline -V --format "%-20A %14T\n" bal --flat assets
> 2010/01/01 * Starting balance
>   assets:bank:savings  1300.00
>   income:starting balances
> 2010/07/22 * Got paid
>   assets:bank:chequing  1000.00
>   income:salary
> #+end_src

> and you would get, as output,

> #+results:
> : assets:bank:chequing           1000
> : assets:bank:savings            1300
> :                                2300

Thanks. I figured out that I have to read a bit accounting again (I
don't want to  use gnucash again, I prefer an org solution). I think
ledger is a reasonable solution (I cannot install currently beancount)

> I'm not saying that this is much prettier than the default but simply
> that you have total control over the formatting of the output so you may
> be able to achieve what you wish.

Yeah, your solution does not work for the example I had in mind
but I realize now what I miss: the output should be an org table

#+name: test
#+begin_src ledger
2010/01/01 * Starting balance
  assets:bank:savings  0
  income:starting balances
2010/07/23 ChristmasTree
  expenses:Brother:ChristmasTree  40.00
  income:Brother:Card
2010/07/24 Jacket
  expenses:BigBrother:Jacket  150.00
  income:BigBrother:Card
2010/07/24 Schuhe
  expenses:BigBrother:Shoes  20
  income:BigBrother:Card
2010/07/23 BigBrother
  expenses:Brother:BigBrother  130
  income:Brother:Card
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: test
#+begin_example
                 340  expenses
                 170    BigBrother
                 150      Jacket
                  20      Shoes
                 170    Brother
                 130      BigBrother
                  40      ChristmasTree
                -340  income
                -170    BigBrother:Card
                -170    Brother:Card
--------------------
                   0
#+end_example

But I rather prefer to have

|  340 | expenses |                 |               |
|  170 |          | BigBrother      |               |
|  150 |          |                 | Jacket        |
|   20 |          |                 | Shoes         |
|  170 |          | Brother         |               |
|  130 |          |                 | BigBrother    |
|   40 |          |                 | ChristmasTree |
| -340 | income   |                 |               |
| -170 |          | BigBrother:Card |               |
| -170 |          | Brother:Card    |               |

Any idea how to achieve this?