Re: Release Org 9.4.2

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Release Org 9.4.2
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 17:45:47 -0500

On 2020-12-18 16:49, Asa Zeren wrote:
Have people looked at sourcehut (https://sourcehut.org)? While it's
still in alpha, and so has a number of rough edges, it seems pretty
promising. Sourcehut is trying to build a platform with accessible web
uis that is backed by mailing lists. Just annother option to consider,
though there is no urgency to move from the current situtation.

--Asa

I have been using Sourcehut for about a month and loving it so far![0]

I searched for long time for a git forge I could live with.  Most of
popular options nowadays seem either proprietary software or typical
sluggish castles of JavaScript (or both!) as is so much of the "modern"
web.

So, when I finally discovered Sourcehut (which is neither of the above
mentioned things) it was like a breath of fresh air in comparison!  I
really appreciate what Drew is trying to do over there.

I even ironed out one or two of those "rough edges" getting some Orgmode
export (to sr.ht supported Markdown) stuff working a little better (and
I continue to do so).  I don't mind at all (in fact rather enjoy)
contributing to actual no-bs Free Software platform!

Come join me!  Come on in, the water is fine... :)

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] https://sr.ht/~trs-80/