Re: batch export: org-babel-execute:shell undefined?

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: batch export: org-babel-execute:shell undefined?
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 07:51:18 +0300

happy 2021, all and sundry.

i should mention something else, in case it makes something click for
someone.  obviously, i'm not initializing things right, but that's a
weak part in my knowledge, so i'm not sure what.

> i find that my shell source blocks are *not* being executed unless i
> use (custom-set-variables), rather than (setq) or (let), to initialize
> 'org-babel-load-languages.  to wit...

if i run "-Q", i see the same behavior, doing [C-c C-e h h].

*but*, if i first do [C-h f] (describe-function) on
org-html-export-to-html, it works.

so, presumably both (custom-set-variables) and (describe-function) are
doing some sort of initialization.

okay, if any body has any clue, i'd be very curious to know.

cheers, Greg