Re: Microsoft Excel spreadsheet editing directly from within emacs.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Microsoft Excel spreadsheet editing directly from within emacs.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 22:36:00 +0300

* Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2020-12-28 18:19]:
> Is it possible for me to edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheet directly
> from within emacs, especially utilizing the powerful capabilities of
> orgmode?

You have high expectations but Emacs Org mode does not nearly replace
the capabilities of a dedicated spreadsheet.

In comparison to all major known spreadsheets Org tables is not
powerful and not even comparable.

LibreOffice Calc and Gnumeric on free systems are proper tools for
serious spreadsheet work.

http://gnumeric.org/

https://www.libreoffice.org/

https://apps.kde.org/en/calligrasheets