Re: Can't activate orgmode after the installation of its git master vers

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Can't activate orgmode after the installation of its git master version.
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 15:12:43 +0100

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 09:34:18PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> On Ubuntu 20.10, I compiled the latest git master version of emacs,
> but I can't activate the org-mode command from within it. So I try to install
> the orgmode using its git repository according to the official guidance [1] as
> shown below.
>
> $ git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> $ cd code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> $ make autoloads
>
> Then add the following lines into ~/.emacs.d/init.el:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path
> "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/lisp")
> (add-to-list 'load-path
> "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/contrib/lisp" t)
>
> But after I started emacs and issue the instructions 'M-x org-mode RET', I
> see the following information in the minibuffer:
>
> M-x org-mode [No match]

My guess is that org-mode isn't arranged to autoload
the org library.

Before doing "M-x org-mode" try doing "M-x load-library <RET> org <RET>".

If that works, then autoload is your problem.

(Background: Emacs doesn't load all available libraries: this would
make startup times too long for things you are probably not going to
need. Instead, it has a mapping of commands to libraries, to help it
load the right library whenever that command is seen the first time).

Once we know whether your problem is autoload, we can refine the
quest.

Cheers
 - t