Re: Bug: Org line commands and visual-line mode bindings [9.3.7 (9.3.7-1

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: Org line commands and visual-line mode bindings [9.3.7 (9.3.7-15-gc9abb4-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200727/)]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 18:28:57 -0300

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 17:24, Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> wrote:

Damn!  Sorry for the noise.  It *doesn't* work, and disables Org's own
remappings, of course. Just as I sent I realized I had something else enabled which was doing the actual job (my previous take on this thread). Back on the deadlock. Sorry again.

But, in the meantime I did find this: https://stackoverflow.com/a/13102821

I reproduce Stefan's answer verbatim, so it's kept for reference in the list regardless of the external link:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-hook '<major-mode>-hook
 (lambda ()
   (let ((oldmap (cdr (assoc '<minor-mode> minor-mode-map-alist)))
         (newmap (make-sparse-keymap)))
     (set-keymap-parent newmap oldmap)
     (define-key newmap [<thekeyIwanttohide>] nil)
     (make-local-variable 'minor-mode-overriding-map-alist)
(push `(<minor-mode> . ,newmap) minor-mode-overriding-map-alist))))
#+end_src

Best regards,
Gustavo.