Re: Release Org 9.4.2

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Release Org 9.4.2
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:49:38 +0000

On Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020 at 13:04, Gustav Wikström wrote:
> But to be fair, the collaboration features of GitHub surely would be a
> BIG net positive if the goal is to attract contributions and gain a
> bigger mindshare.

Not necessarily.  Some of us dislike web based tools intensely, in fact
anything that does not work well in Emacs ;-).

In practice, I will not participate in projects that, for instance, use
slack or discourse or ... Requiring the use of github for interaction
would lead to a reduction in the (albeit rather small) contributions I
make to this project.  A mailing list (or nntp) plus git is perfect for
my working methods.

> This is a hobby project and it would be cool if it could be something
> else at least for someone!

Why cool?  What's cool is that so many contribute, in a wide range of
ways, without some financial recompense!

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.2-143-gc822c8