Re: Release Org 9.4.2

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Release Org 9.4.2
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:30:50 +0530

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Be reassured, the fact that I shall soon step down has nothing to do
> with the community: in fact, the community is what kept me motivated
> for nearly ten years now!
>
> This decision is a simple combination of me not having enough time
> (which can lead to frustrating situations for other contributors) and
> the fact that I'm confident about Org's future.

Yes. I am sure too.

>> Yes. This is endless. We’ll continue this...
>
> ... but I'm very receptive to the real questions: how can we expose
> the latest Org to more testers? how can we recruit more contributors?

Org is a big beast now. I am also of the opinion that its parts must be
maintained separately. Last few months when you are assigning things
from ob-*, I was observing it and thinking - may be that is the way
forward.

> If at some point developing Org within Emacs seems to be part of a
> good solution, I'll be all for it.  I definitely prefer this scenario
> to the one where Org is kicked out Emacs core and moved to a separate,
> not-installed-by-default, GNU ELPA package.

Not sure, how feasible is that (move to a separate
non-installed-by-default). I am not thinking on these lines. I am hoping
only for the best.