Re: Bug: org-capture does not work if called from minibuffer [9.4 (9.4-5

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Bug: org-capture does not work if called from minibuffer [9.4 (9.4-55-g706ba9-elpaplus @ /home/omarantolin/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20201207/)]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 22:14:28 +0300

* Omar Antolín Camarena <omar.antolin@gmail.com> [2020-12-14 22:03]:
> > Would you be okay with a user-error message like "Cannot call org-capture
> from the minibuffer"?
>
> Oh, if I'm going to get an error message I don't care which one it is.
> Might as well leave things as they are currently. What I was hoping is that
> you would be able to fix org-capture so that you can also call it from the
> minibuffer, if enable-recursive-minibuffers is set to t.

On my side that works. When it is enabled I get screen for Org capture
and I can do it.

> I like to think that I can call org-capture no matter what I am
> doing, take a quick note or reminder, and go back to whatever it
> was. It is almost like that: I can't interrupt myself if the
> minibuffer is open, but I can in all other cases.

One solution you can use is that you open separate Emacs instance or
Emacs as server that loads org-capture and serves for capturing
things. It may run in background without interrupting your work. It
can then spawn emacsclient to annotate or write the captured note.

Jean