Re: stability of toc links

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: stability of toc links
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 11:46:27 +0100

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 00:28:46 CET Samuel Wales wrote:
> when you link to a section using toc, you get a link like
>
> https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2020/02/crimes-against-humanity_3.htm
> l#org080f0ab
>
> will these links break if somebody copies them and pastes them
> elsewhere?  what if you add a section?

I have a similar problem. I write documentation for a customer in org format.
I also have to generate Markdown files that are archived in a git repo (Unlike
Github, Azure DevOps doesn't support org files).

Currently, TOC and headers lines change every time the markdown files are
regenerated, which makes git diff much bigger, which also impacts code reviews.

So stabilizing the generated toc would be much welcome

All the best