Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed

From: pietru
Subject: Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 23:46:03 +0100

> Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 11:09 PM
> From: "TRS-80" <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name>
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed
>
> On 2020-12-12 13:02, pietru@caramail.com wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > When making a relatively long Org Capture Menu for Archaeological
> > Field Management, the relevant capture window cannot be scrolled down.
> > This becomes particularly problematic with small field laptops.
>
> Hi Pietru,
>
> Capture templates are great, but I suppose there are a lot of advantages
> to doing some custom Elisp which is why I do a lot more stuff that way
> now that I have learned a little bit of Elisp.

The problem also exists when making capture templates.  The solution could
be additional functionality coded in elisp that can then be used for handling
longer template entries.  As the problem is dependent on screen size, the
problem
is likely to occur, requiring the patch.  It then becomes natural that the fix
is introduced without the template developer having to call the fix explicitely.

> Sorry, I guess that's not helpful if you are not comfortable with Elisp.
> As an aside and thinking long term, I can say the investment was well
> worth the payoff.  However back to the issue at hand.

I assume it would involve some elisp and would be willing to word towards
a solution.  But it would be even better that the solution would be
incorporated in the official version of emacs.

> Maybe if you are willing (or able) to share some more information, we
> could help you through some basics.  Or maybe someone else might even
> have some better idea (not involving Elisp) which might be more
> appealing to you.

I can send a long capture template.  And any additional information people
require.