Why are some headings html exported as lists while others aren’t?

From: George Mauer
Subject: Why are some headings html exported as lists while others aren’t?
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 00:04:12 -0600

I am practicing with org->html conversion by trying to export an html resume.

I have the following

* Resume
** About
   :PROPERTIES:
   :HTML_CONTAINER: header
   :END:
*** George Mauer
    :PROPERTIES:
    :HTML_CONTAINER: h1
    :END:
*** Contact
    :PROPERTIES:
    :HTML_CONTAINER: article
    :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: contact
    :END:
**** Location
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER: aside
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: city-state
     :END:
     New Orleans, LA
**** Email
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: email
     :END:
**** Blog
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: blog
     :END:
**** LinkedIn
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: linkedin
     :END:
**** StackOverflow
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: stackoverflow
     :END:
**** GitHub
     :PROPERTIES:
     :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: github
     :END:

And the following .dir-locals.el

((org-mode . ((org-export-with-section-numbers . nil)
              (org-html-html5-fancy . 't)
              (org-export-with-toc . nil)
              (org-html-postamble . nil))))

When I export this to html the HTML_CONTAINER and HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS properties are working for the Contact and my name and About headers, but all the headers underneath Contact appear as `ul` with no classes.

It would seem that there's some sort of "level" beyond which heading are not customizable.

Is that how it works? I'm not finding a variable I can override if it is.