new website: not easy to find how to ask for help

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: new website: not easy to find how to ask for help
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 06:58:02 +0000

Dear all,

I love the new front page to the org website, especially the annotated
example!

Minor criticism however: it is very difficult (for a new user) to find
how to ask for help.  The community tab doesn't tell the reader the
mailing list address and the manual says nothing at all about this.  A
new user may not wish to join a mailing list that may look intimidating
and so will not follow the "subscribe to the list" link.

I wanted to point somebody to instructions on how to ask for help and
couldn't do so easily.

A suggestion: at minimum, add the mailing list address to the community
page so that a reader does not have to go to the subscribing page to
find that out; better yet, make it visible on the front page?

thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-143-g9a1549