Re: consistent behavior across babel languages

From: ian martins
Subject: Re: consistent behavior across babel languages
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 22:45:15 -0500

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 2:06 AM Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to allocate time on the weekend to
> review what you have and see if there are any I know of which you have
> not included.

That would be great.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 2:39 PM Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since there are so many different features that
> a babel language implementation can support I don't want to try to put
> them all in one table quite yet but I think it may be helpful to do so
> eventually. Until that time does it make sense to add new sections to
> the file that cover specific features? For example I have tests on
> TRAMP support and/or support for execution via a remote session that I
> would like to add from my internal notes. Can I add it as a new
> section?

Yes, definitely. My plan is to add sections for major features or
feature groups and have a table for each section, and when that stops
working to think of something else. I am planning a section for
variables focusing on passing lists and tables which will probably
look a lot like the section on returning list and tables. There should
definitely be a section on TRAMP.