[HELP} Capture Template

From: Tim Cross
Subject: [HELP} Capture Template
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 05:41:49 +1100

I'm trying to get a capture template to work, but without luck. Not sure
what I'm doing wrong, but figured someone on this list could help by
pointing out my probably obvious error.

The template is

 ("e" "expense" entry
  (file+headline "~/Documents/org-data/refile.org" "Expenses")
  "* Expense: %^{Description} :EXPENSE:\n\n | Date | %u |\n | Description | %\1
|\n | Amount | %^{Amount} |\n"
  :empty-line-after 1)

The problem is with the %\1 expansion. According to the docs, the %\N
expansion is replaced with the Nth %^{PROMPT} input. i.e. %\1 should be
the data from the 1st %^{PROMPT} expansion (in this case
%^{Description}.

The problem is, it isn't. Instead, I get %^A as the result instead of
the text I enter with the first %^{Description} expansion. The rest of
the template works fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tim

--