Re: add linked files to agenda files

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: add linked files to agenda files
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 16:33:06 -0500

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm experimenting with a setup where each project is its own org file,
> and where I have a master file linking to active projects. How can I
> configure org to add every linked file of that master file to the
> org-agenda-files?

You'll probably have to write a custom function to do that, but it
depends on how exactly your master file is set-up, so providing some
details on that would help.

Just guessing at this point, I would imagine you'd want something like
this:

(defun path-from-link (link)
   (org-element-property :path link))

(setq org-agenda-files (with-current-buffer
                         (find-file-noselect "master.org")
                         (org-element-map (org-element-parse-buffer)
                                          '(link)
                                          #'path-from-link)))

but the details might make a difference.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler