Re: Archiving repeated tasks under corresponding date tree for each repe

From: Gerardo Moro
Subject: Re: Archiving repeated tasks under corresponding date tree for each repeated item
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 09:59:19 +0200

Thanks, Ihor.
Indeed, that is an excellent feature of agenda. I use it sometimes  to visualize what I have DONE during the week on the sopt.
What I aim to accomplish however is a more systematic log of all the DONE tasks, this is, to have an archive file where to archive all tasks.
This file is in the format:

2020
   2020-01-01 DONE task1
   2020-01-12 DONE task2
   2020-02-01 CANCELLED task3

So it is indeed a datetree file where I can revisit the past :) if you will.
The problem with habits and repeated tasks is that they don't get archived when DONE...
They get archived once the task is cancelled or completed as a whole, all under the day the task stopped continuing, under which I have all the logged individual completion.
It would be desirable to have each "completion" archived under its corresponding datetree, it is more meaningful :)

Hope it is clear now, thanks so much for any help!
GM
So even if I have beeng doing the task every wednesday for a year, it won't be archived

El mar., 3 nov. 2020 a las 7:53, Ihor Radchenko (<yantar92@gmail.com>) escribió:
> It would be great if each of these individual "task
> happenings" were archived under the date and time they were completed
> individually, and not just all as one block. This way I could get weekly
> reviews that take those into account.

What about trying to do your weekly review using org-agenda? You can
show the task every day you complete it by enabling org-agenda-log-mode
in your weekly agenda (v l). If your tasks are also archived regularly,
you may also need "v A" to include archive files into agenda view.

Best,
Ihor