Non-interactively filter the agenda using tags?

From: o . rojon
Subject: Non-interactively filter the agenda using tags?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:46:28 +0100

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm not asking something that has been answered 100 times, I made a search to ensure nothing extremely obious slipped under the radar (I also asked on IRC).

I know that when you are in the agenda view that displays appointments, it is possible to interactively filter in order to take into account a specific tag (inclusive or exclusive). However, I would like to make an agenda view which does this non-interactively.

Essentially, what I would love to have at my disposal is to have something like the MATCH you have in (tags-todo MATCH ...) for agenda - because as of yet, this seems to be impossible. I have tried to look for different variables and/or functions but couldn't find anything that matches.

Am I overlooking something obvious? If so, feel free to point me to solutions so I can do my homework properly ;-)

Greetings, have a good day,
Olivier