Re: Viewing link information

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: Viewing link information
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 23:15:13 +0100

Hi Russell,

I am using Doom Emacs, and in its default Org configuration it does exactly that: the link target is shown in the minibuffer after a brief delay, when the cursor is on the link. A bit of investigation reveals that it's using org-eldoc. This seems to be the code responsible for it:

https://github.com/hlissner/doom-emacs/blob/develop/modules/lang/org/config.el#L167-L171

  (defadvice! +org-display-link-in-eldoc-a (&rest _)
    "Display full link in minibuffer when cursor/mouse is over it."
    :before-until #'org-eldoc-documentation-function
    (when-let (link (org-element-property :raw-link (org-element-context)))
      (format "Link: %s" link)))

--Diego