Re: Bug: headline folding broken by whitespace

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: headline folding broken by whitespace
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:58:25 -0400

Daniele Nicolodi writes:

> This is funny. I have two emacs instances running: one with my
> customizations and an emacs -Q one. The first exhibits the issue, the
> second does not

If your emacs -Q session is just using the Org that comes with Emacs
27.1, it won't have the commit that introduced the regression: ee3c3b554
(org.el: Allow empty subtrees to be folded back, 2020-09-05).  That was
part of the 9.3.8 release.

> matching what Russel reports.

As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, my guess is that Russell was
using your example as is, rather than adding the space on the line
(where X is below).

* Foo
** Bar
   bar bar bar+49 1520 7178926

* Baz

If I use that example (with no custom configuration), the issue
(i.e. Foo won't unfold) starts with ee3c3b554 and goes away when that
commit is reverted in e8070d71a.