Re: org-marker vs. org-hd-marker

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: org-marker vs. org-hd-marker
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 21:54:57 -0400

Michael Heerdegen writes:

> Do you know whether I can assume that one of those is always present
> (org-marker probably, since org-hd-marker is not always present) when
> examining the result of `org-agenda-get-day-entries'?  I don't care
> about the exact location in an entry.

Going through each of the collection functions at the end of
org-agenda-get-day-entries, it looks like they all set org-marker.
Plus, I can spot places in org-agenda.el that rely on agenda entries
having org-marker (e.g., org-agenda-goto and org-agenda-todo), so I
think that assumption would be safe.