Re: official orgmode parser

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: official orgmode parser
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 17:24:40 +0100

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I meant to write that I think Org syntax is maybe *not*
> context-free, and therefore EBNF can't capture all of it. But it could
> still be very helpful and capture most of it.

I'm not arguing about the usefulness of a partial EBNF description. I'm
merely pointing out that the syntax is not context-free. Here is an
example:

    # This is a comment (1)

    #+begin_example
    # This is not a comment (2)
    #+end_example

AFAICT, you cannot distinguish between lines (1) and (2) with EBNF.

Regards,