Re: opening a 0.5 MB org file is slow

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: opening a 0.5 MB org file is slow
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:12:33 +0800

> I'm afraid I don't know how to profile the opening of a file. Does
> anybody know a function that would do the profiling like
> elp-instrument-function for functions?

There is elp-instrument-package. Also, I did successful profiling with
simple profiler-start/profiler-report before and after opening the file.

In general, time for opening org files depends on many factors [1].
Profiling is the way to go if one wants to find the bottlenecks.

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/ivifjv/a_question_about_orgagenda_performance_and_org/g5rxzf6/

Best,
Ihor