Re: newline or no newline at end of capture: expected behavior

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: newline or no newline at end of capture: expected behavior
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 00:42:00 -0700

hi richard,

thank you.  when i can, i will try explicitly setting all three to 0
to see if that prevents the unwanted newlines, in the buffer with
newline on last line, and empty buffer, cases.

the docstring says empty-lines defaults to 0, which is what i want.
it does not say what the default for after and before are.

it /sounds/ like capture is supposed to produce the desired number
[and position] of empty lines regardless of whether the buffer is
empty or there is or is not a trailing newline on the final line of
hte buffer.  is this more or less correct?

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html